UK recruitment agent Xchangeteam have announced the launch of their Freelancer of the Year Awards 2010.
The awards are dedicated to the ‘unsung heros of Marketing, Media and Communications’ and are now in their 7th year. You can read more about the awards or nominate a freelancer (or yourself!) on the website freelanceroftheyear.co.uk.
If you’ve ever wanted to visit a printing press or wanted to know more about the latest and future techniques, here’s your chance. Alderson Print in London is kindly offering just that – free educational visits to it’s West London press:
Alderson Print Group
Alderson are a large commercial printing company located near Hampton Court in West London in the UK. Their range of print manufacturing processes is unique in the UK and they value the opportunity to show creative services people an production people their facility.
A free educational visit to Alderson Print can include an overview of the print sector, its key drivers, and the culture to expect from various sectors, such as web offset, sheetfed, digital and point-of-sale. A demonstration of each process can be combined with a practical insight and a questions and answers session with technical experts on-hand for the more rigorous appraisal of current and future technologies.
Visits can be tailored to one printing method. Or combine a general overview of the various disciplines undertaken on-site. These include:
- Heatset web offset printing
- Sheetfed printing
- Colour digital printing
- Large format (point-of-sale) printing
- Specialist print finishing
- Colour management
- Procurement practices, the rise of print management and market trends
If you’re involved in (or learning about) design for print, this is a fantastic opportunity. Just get in touch with Phil Watts and mention Creative Agency Freelancing to book a visit.
Tel 020 8224 0000
Soon we will be starting a new feature called Freelance Folios. Essentially the idea is to feature the best online portfolios of freelancers from around the world – serving as both promotion for the freelancer and as inspiration for our readers.
So if you think your portfolio should be featured, let us know. To give you an idea what we are looking for and how to submit your portfolio for consideration, here are some notes:
How to submit your portfolio
- Send us a url link to your personal website portfolio or your hosted portfolio (e.g Behance) via our Contact page.
- Tell us a little about yourself, where you are and what you do.
- If you built the website yourself, tell us how and the tools you used.
- A small photo of yourself would also be good, but is optional.
- Make sure your portfolio is relevant to our readers – we mainly focus on freelancers who work for design, digital and advertising agencies around the world but are also willing to consider other creative freelancers’ portfolios.
- We will not rule anyone out, but the aim of the feature is to show top quality portfolios.
- Note that while we make every effort to reply to everyone, if we receive lots of submissions it may not be possible.
That’s it! So either send us your portfolio details, or sit tight and wait for the show to start.
Not a creative freelancer? You can still promote yourself here through our feature called Freelance Five, which is a series of quick freelance interviews.
You may have noticed that a few weeks ago we made some updates and improvements to our website. It’s been almost 10 months since we launched and some design and technical issues needed sorting out.
Here are the highlights of the update:
- Some general improvements to the aesthetics of the site.
- Reverted back to a single, wider sidebar with less content.
- Revised, more prominent navigation menu.
- Latest article preview on the homepage now shows the image.
- Updated to the latest version of Thesis.
This was not a major redesign or update but hopefully it will give you all a better experience from now on. Please feel free to let me know your comments or make suggestions.
We are also working to add a new Jobs section to the site which will allow you to search creative job listings almost anywhere in the world, right from here.